Card sorting, Collaboration, Competitive evaluation, Concept modeling, Contextual inquiry, Diagramming, Ethnography, Facilitation, Graphic facilitation, Heuristic evaluation, High fidelity prototyping, Interviewing, Personas, Scenarios, Sitemaps, Sketching, Specifications, Strategy Development, Surveying, Task Flows, Team-building, Usability testing, Wireframes, Workshops
EXECUTIVE BOARD MEMBER | Medicine X | October 2016-present
I am serving as a board member and helping with strategy and planning for Stanford Medicine X, a conference and series of events that has been incredibly important to me over the years.
USER EXPERIENCE STRATEGIST CONSULTANT | UVM Medical Center | July 2015-present
While consulting at UVM, a large academic medical center, I have worked on projects to improve the patient, family, and clinician experience. I’ve performed extensive interviews and shadowing, led multiple end-user participatory design workshops, prototyped and tested solutions with end users, and helped ‘sell’ prototypes and ideas across disciplines. The work has been energizing, to say the least.
LEAD DESIGNER | Open mHealth | May 2014-Dec 2015
In my role as Lead Designer at Open mHealth I led design research, design strategy, interaction design and visual design for Linq, a clinician- and patient-facing product that encourages collaboration around health tracking. My process involved clinician and patient interviews, distillation of foundational research into user personas and a high-level strategy, collaboration on branding and ‘look and feel,’ heavy sketching, wireframing and prototyping, visual design, and collaboration with developers on the little details that matter. I enjoyed working closely with this small yet mighty organization.
UX LEAD & TEAM GLUE | Notabli | October 2014-July 2015
I co-led a 5-person design team at a start-up that created products for parents to curate, archive, organize and privately share their kids’ childhood.
- Team collaboration and transparency: one of my big goals was to increase collaboration and communication between the design, development, and business leadership teams. I implemented formal design reviews, created best practices around documentation and specification, encouraged the team to do more prototyping, and insisted on whiteboard usage while talking through problems. This helped to keep conversations on track and get everyone on the same page.
- Planning: I also spent a lot of time managing product and team intricacies. I helped manage the design team’s workflow and timelines, and assisted with planning small and large product improvements and releases. They called me ‘Trello Mc-Card-y, the distiller.’
- Product Strategy & User Research: I aimed to keep the team focused on the end user’s needs, problems, and context by facilitating user interviews and usability testing, writing surveys, and creating personas.
- UX Design: As a UX specialist, I partnered with various designers to work through the early stages of a design or product working from strategy and feature definition into information architecture, sketching and prototyping, copywriting, testing and iterating.
UX DESIGN & RESEARCH CONSULTANT | Medivo | June 2013-April 2014
As a full-time consultant for this lab data start-up, led UX and design on multiple mobile app (iOS and Android) projects and a responsive web app project, while helping implement a user-centered (patient-centered and provider-centered) design methodology. Collaborated closely on product planning and execution with key stakeholders across Medivo’s Product, Business and Development teams in NYC, and partnered with my visual designer in Vermont to produce intuitive, delightful user experiences.
CONSULTANT: UX DESIGNER & RESEARCHER | Katie McCurdy Experience Design, LLC | July 2012-Present
- Interaction Design: Created concept models, heuristic reviews, sitemaps, process flows, sketches, wireframes, prototypes, and detailed specifications for mobile/tablet and social applications
- User Research: Conducted stakeholder interviews and both remote & in-person user interviews and usability tests. Created click-throughs and prototypes for web and mobile/tablet for use during tests. Synthesized and compiled findings to inform UX strategy
- Clients have included the University of Vermont Medical Center, Notabli, Open mHealth, Johnson & Johnson, LabCorp, Medical Avatar, TIAA-CREF, the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association, and Medivo
SENIOR INTERACTION DESIGNER & INTERACTION DESIGNER | R/GA, New York, NY | June 2010-July 2012
- Interaction Design: Created competitive reviews, strategy documentation, concept models, ecosystem maps, sitemaps, process flows, sketches, wireframes, and detailed specifications. Worked in both waterfall and agile methods on a variety of web interfaces including desktop, mobile, and tablet. Led interaction design for responsive websites, mobile apps, and complex, large-scale websites.
- User Research: Drove user research and synthesis on multiple projects: created personas and scenarios, led affinity diagramming sessions, created clickable prototypes for testing, led remote and in-person test sessions, and advocated for changes based on test findings.
- Collaboration: Worked closely with visual, copy, production and programming team members to create intuitive, delightful user experiences. Loved every minute of it.
- Clients included Verizon, Microsoft, and Johnson & Johnson
USABILITY CONSULTANT | Center for Health Communications Research, Ann Arbor, MI | 2009-2010
Planned and conducted usability tests on web-based behavioral health intervention tools, advised on layout and navigation design for research projects, trained staff on plain language.
INTERACTION DESIGN INTERN | VMware, Palo Alto CA | Summer 2009
Designed, prototyped and tested an iPhone application that enables IT administrators to manage their virtual machine deployment; won best intern project and a trip to VMworld.
INTERACTIVE WEB PRODUCER | EatingWell Media Group, Charlotte VT | 2008
Collaborated with web team on eatingwell.com, a national food magazine website. Led website taxonomy redesign, using brainstorming, card sorting and user surveys.
University of Michigan School of Information | Ann Arbor, MI | April 2010
Master of Science in Information, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) Specialization
- Key course concepts: User experience/interaction design, usability evaluation and testing, user research, information architecture, online collaboration & community
- CHI Student Design Competition finalist-Mibo: a mobile application to encourage walking
Champlain College, Certificate of Website Development and Management | 2007
University of Michigan Residential College, Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences | 2000
- McCurdy, Katie. Visual Storytelling in Healthcare: Why we should help patients visualize their health. Information Visualization Journal, July 2015.
- Gupta, M., McCurdy, K., Potvin, H., Song, E., Zhang, X. mibo: A Mobile Application to Encourage Walking. Extended abstracts of CHI 20010 (student design competition), Atlanta, GA, April 2010.
- Donna M. Zulman, Ann Schafenacker, Kathryn L.C. Barr, Ian T. Moore, Jake Fisher, Kathryn McCurdy, Holly A. Derry, Edward W. Saunders, Lawrence C. An, Laurel Northouse, PhD. Brief Report: Adapting an In-Person Patient-Caregiver Communication Intervention to a Tailored Web-Based Format. Journal of Psycho-Oncology, January, 2010.
- Burlington Healthcare Innovators Meet-up group – Founder and Co-Organizer
- Society for Participatory Medicine
- NYC Interaction Design Association
- SIGCHI: Special Interest Group on Computer-Human Interaction
- IAI: Information Architecture Institute
- UX book club
Email me at kathryn dot mccurdy at gmail dot com.